Department of State
The Department of State (DoS) is the lead U.S. foreign affairs agency, and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. Its purpose includes protecting and assisting U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad; assisting U.S. businesses in the international marketplace; and coordinating and providing support for international activities of other U.S. agencies (local, state, or Federal Government), official visits overseas and at home, and other diplomatic efforts.
The DoS conducts these activities with a civilian workforce. Employees may be assigned to diplomatic missions abroad to represent the U.S.; analyze and report on political, economic, and social trends; adjudicate visas; and respond to the needs of American citizens abroad.
IEA supports the DoS with 25+ employees deployed to the following Bureaus and offices to perform a wide variety of services under our Professional, Technical, Administrative, and Program Support Services (PTAPSS) contract:
- • Office of Acquisitions Management/Office of Logistics Management (A/LM)
- • Bureau of Administration (A)
- • Bureau of African Affairs (AF)
- • Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL)
- • Bureau of Human Resources (HR)
- • Bureau of Near Eastern and South Central Asian Affairs (NEA)
- • Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO)
- • Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM)
- • Bureau of the Secretary (S)
- • Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs (WHA)
- • Office of Medical Services (MED)
PTAPSS is a task order-driven indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide mission critical staffing support to all of the Bureaus and offices within the DoS, domestically and internationally, to ensure program missions and objectives are achieved. The services provided by IEA include clerical/office operations support, administrative assistant support, logistics support, human resource management support, travel administration support, public affairs support, writer/editor support, budget analyst support, program planning support, and acquisition management support.